Newcastle in Emlyn
- Additional Title(s):
La Teivy, à Newcastle in Emlyn (Pays de Galles)
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 6 7/8 inches (14 x 17.4 cm), Plate: 4 7/16 x 5 13/16 inches (11.2 x 14.7 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 5 13/16 inches (11.2 x 14.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1957.52.8"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "11765"; lower right: "HY";lower left: "a 84364"
Lettered upper right within image: "Newcastle in Emlyn | Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Glen Wright
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | banks | buildings | cattle | cows | foliage | hill | houses | landscape | meteorology | reflections | river | science | smithy | smoke | trees | water | weather
- Associated Places:
- Carmarthenshire | Cymru | Europe | Newcastle Emlyn | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Newcastle in Emlyn, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.