- Former Title(s):
The Towing Path
- Additional Title(s):
La Promenade au Bord de l'Eau
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 9 7/16 inches (17.4 x 24 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (13.9 x 21.4 cm), Image: 5 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (13.9 x 21.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "<[?87]>"; in graphite, lower left: "Towing Path"; in graphite, lower right: "<[?1813/50]>"
Watermarked, center (written vertically upwards): "VAN GELDER"
Lettered upper right within image: "Seymour Haden 1864"; lettered lower left within image: "Hampton Court"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour - Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stanley J. Halle, Yale BA 1912, in memory of His Parents Jacques S. and Hattie S. Halle, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | banks | canal | cape | cloak | distance | dog (animal) | dress | figures | foliage | genre subject | hat | hills | landscape | leash | path | reeds | reflections | river | shore (landform) | trees | walking | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- East Molesey | England | Europe | Hampton Court | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Hampton Court, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.