The Towing Path
- Additional Title(s):
La Promenade au Bord de l'Eau
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 9 15/16 inches (18.5 x 25.3 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (14 x 21.4 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (14 x 21.4 cm)
Lettered upper right within image: "Seymour Haden 1864"; lettered lower left within image: "<Hampton Court>"; lettered lower right within image: "The Towing Path"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Miss Grace Tuttle in memory of her father Emerson Tuttle, Yale BA 1914, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | banks | canal | cape | cloak | distance | dog (animal) | dress | figures | foliage | genre subject | hat | hills | landscape | leash | path | reflections | river | shore (landform) | trees | walking | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- East Molesey | England | Europe | Hampton Court | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Towing Path, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.