The Towing Path
- Additional Title(s):
La Promenade au Bord de l'Eau
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 9 15/16 inches (18.5 x 25.3 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (14 x 21.4 cm), Image: 5 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (14 x 21.4 cm)
Lettered upper right within image: "Seymour Haden 1864"; lettered lower left within image: "<Hampton Court>"; lettered lower right within image: "The Towing Path"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Miss Grace Tuttle in memory of her father Emerson Tuttle, Yale BA 1914, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | banks | canal | cape | cloak | distance | dog (animal) | dress | figures | foliage | genre subject | hat | hills | landscape | leash | path | reeds | reflections | river | shore (landform) | trees | walking | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- East Molesey | England | Europe | Hampton Court | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Towing Path, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.