- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thin, smooth, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 4 13/16 inches (18.5 x 12.3 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 x 3 11/16 inches (15.1 x 9.4 cm), and Image: 5 15/16 x 3 11/16 inches (15.1 x 9.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 1304 N"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back (written vertically downwards): "[?FP]"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "1947.409"
Lettered lower right within image: "Seymour Haden. 1864"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour - Haden"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna Jr., BA 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | boat | evening | figures | foliage | landscape | reflections | river | rowing | shadows | shore (landform) | trees | twilight
- Associated Places:
- Andover | England | Europe | Hampshire | Test | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Evening, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.