- Additional Title(s):
Shepperton, sur la Tamise
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 15/16 x 6 5/8 inches (20.1 x 16.9 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches (13.9 x 12 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches (13.9 x 12 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[?D]. 71"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Shepperton | 1st. State"
Watermarked, center right on back (to be read the correct way around), written vertically upwards: "VAN GELDER" (cut off at edge of sheet); marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower right within image: "Shepperton Seymour Haden 1864"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bank | buildings | figures | houses | landscape | reflections | river | rooftops | shore (landform) | smoke | trees | village
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Shepperton | Surrey | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.