- Additional Title(s):
Shepperton, sur la Tamise
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 7 15/16 x 6 5/8 inches (20.1 x 16.9 cm), 5 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches (13.9 x 12 cm), and 5 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches (13.9 x 12 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[?D]. 71"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Shepperton | 1st. State"
Watermarked, center right on back (to be read the correct way around), written vertically upwards: "VAN GELDER" (cut off at edge of sheet); marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower right within image: "Shepperton Seymour Haden 1864"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bank | birds | buildings | figures | houses | landscape | reflections | river | rooftops | shore (landform) | smoke | trees | village
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Shepperton | Surrey | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.