- A River in Ireland
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 x 15 1/8 inches (27.1 x 38.4 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 x 14 inches (24.2 x 35.5 cm), and Image: 9 1/4 x 13 5/8 inches (23.5 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "597"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back, written vertically upwards: "HM"
Watermarked, center: design includes a fleur-de-lis emblazoned on a shield
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden | 1864" (the "4" is reversed)
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | fence | foliage | landscape | railing | reeds | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, A River in Ireland, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.