Horsley's House at Willesley
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 14 1/4 inches (26.8 x 36.2 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 9 13/16 inches (17.5 x 24.9 cm), and Image: 6 7/8 x 9 13/16 inches (17.5 x 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No 88"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "D. 88 [?1st] state"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Horsley's House."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "<[?3P3]>"
Watermarked, upper center: "[...]" (cut off at the edge of the sheet)
Lettered lower right within image: "Willesly [sic] S. Haden [...]"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cauldron | chimneys | chopping | clouds | fence | gate | hat | hill | house | landscape | man | meteorology | roofs | science | trees | weather | weather | windmill | wood
- Associated Places:
- Cranbrook | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Horsley's House at Willesley, 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.