The Moat House
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, light blue antique laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 11 5/16 inches (18.7 x 28.8 cm), Plate: 5 3/8 x 8 7/16 inches (13.7 x 21.4 cm), and Image: 5 3/8 x 8 7/16 inches (13.7 x 21.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center below image: "Coll. F. Goulding. Imp."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "July 1896."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "<2776>"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "6149"
Lettered lower left within image: "[?Sommq.] [...] 1865 [1866?] S Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden -"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | cattle | chimney | cottage | cows | foliage | house | landscape | moat | oxen | pond | pool | river | rocks (landforms) | roof | smoke | stream | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | Cranbrook | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.