- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 14 5/16 inches (25 x 36.4 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 5/16 inches (13.9 x 21.1 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 8 5/16 inches (13.9 x 21.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "H. 128"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "SEYMOUR HADEN | 19th BRIT."; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "THE HERD | H 128 | 1965.33.615"
Lettered lower left within image: "Werrington Seymour Haden 1868"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | castle | cattle | cows | distance | foliage | grass | hill | landscape | river | stream | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.