- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 9 13/16 x 14 5/16 inches (25 x 36.4 cm), 5 1/2 x 8 5/16 inches (13.9 x 21.1 cm), and 5 1/2 x 8 5/16 inches (13.9 x 21.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "H. 128"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "SEYMOUR HADEN | 19th BRIT."; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "THE HERD | H 128 | 1965.33.615"
Lettered lower left within image: "Werrington Seymour Haden 1868"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bushes | castle | cattle | cows | distance | foliage | grass | grazing | herd | hill | landscape | river | sheep | stream | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.