- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 12 1/4in. (24.9 x 31.1cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 9 15/16 inches (17.6 x 25.2 cm), Image: 6 15/16 x 9 15/16 inches (17.6 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left below image: "120"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Battersea Bridge 1st state | 5"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "RJH"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "ryx ."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back, written vertically upwards: "1/60"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back below a triangle drawn in outline: "971032"
Lettered lower left within image: "Zinc [?a] [?Monsier] [sic] Victor Schoelcher. 1868"; lettered lower right within image: "S. Hadens" [sic]
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bank | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | church | cityscape | clouds | dark | dinghies | figures | houses | marine art | masts | moon | night | reflections | rowing | sailing | sails | shore (landform) | shorelines | trees
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | Chelsea | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Battersea Bridge, 1868
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.