- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 12 1/4in. (24.9 x 31.1cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 9 15/16 inches (17.6 x 25.2 cm), and Image: 6 15/16 x 9 15/16 inches (17.6 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left below image: "120"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Battersea Bridge 1st state | 5"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "RJH"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "ryx ."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back, written vertically upwards: "1/60"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back below a triangle drawn in outline: "971032"
Lettered lower left within image: "Zinc [?a] [?Monsier] [sic] Victor Schoelcher. 1868"; lettered lower right within image: "S. Hadens" [sic]
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Seymour Haden"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bank | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | church | cityscape | clouds | dinghies | figures | houses | marine art | masts | night | reflections | sailing | sails | shore (landform) | shorelines | trees
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | Chelsea | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Battersea Bridge, 1868
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.