The Island Opposite Boyle's Farm
- Additional Title(s):
The Island, Boyle's Farm
The Upper Thames
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- 8 1/16 x 11 9/16 inches (20.4 x 29.3 cm), 6 7/8 x 9 15/16 inches (17.5 x 25.2 cm), and 6 7/8 x 9 15/16 inches (17.5 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "6"; inscribed in graphite, lower left below image: "D. 121."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "8396"
Watermarked, center: design consisting of a representation of Britannia within a lozenge, which is surmounted by a crown
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1869" (the "9" is in reverse)
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | boat | boating | figures | fishing | island | landscape | punt (boat) | reflections | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Island Opposite Boyle's Farm, 1869
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.