The Inn, Purfleet
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 x 11 9/16 inches (22 x 29.3 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 9 13/16 inches (17.7 x 25 cm), and Image: 6 15/16 x 9 13/16 inches (17.7 x 25 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left below image in Francis Seymour Haden's hand: "D. 122"; inscribed in graphite, lower center on back: "6"
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | boats | building | cityscape | clouds | estuary | figures | fishermen | inn | landscape | marine art | masts | net | posts | river | sailing | sails | shore (landform) | smoke | steam
- Associated Places:
- England | Erith | Essex | Europe | Purfleet | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Inn, Purfleet, 1869
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.