- Former Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 12 1/16 inches (25 x 30.6 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 10 7/16 inches (17.9 x 26.5 cm), Image: 6 7/8 x 10 1/4 inches (17.5 x 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "IV"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "3"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "3"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "31/2"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "E" (encircled); inscribed in graphite, lower left: "£4.4.0" (partially underlined); inscribed in graphite, lower left: "H. 153 | Mill Wheel"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "c1917- | 19.00"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4. 4. 0"; inscribed in graphite, center on back: "B | 6276"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Mill Wheel | T/T/."
Marked in purple ink, lower right: "Made In England." stamped
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1874"
Signed in graphite, lower right below plate marks: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mrs. Emerson Tuttle in memory of Theodore Sizer, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | doorway | foliage | landscape | mill | river | rocks (landforms) | still life | stream | trees | wheel | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Mill-Wheel, 1874
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.