- The Mill-Wheel
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 12 1/16 inches (25 x 30.6 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 10 7/16 inches (17.9 x 26.5 cm), and Image: 6 7/8 x 10 1/4 inches (17.5 x 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "IV"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "3"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "3"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "31/2"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "E" (encircled); inscribed in graphite, lower left: "£4.4.0" (partially underlined); inscribed in graphite, lower left: "H. 153 | Mill Wheel"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "c1917- | 19.00"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4. 4. 0"; inscribed in graphite, center on back: "B | 6276"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Mill Wheel | T/T/."
Marked in purple ink, lower right: "Made In England." stamped
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1874"
Signed in graphite, lower right below plate marks: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mrs. Emerson Tuttle in memory of Theodore Sizer, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | doorway | foliage | landscape | mill | river | rocks (landforms) | still life | stream | trees | wheel | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Mill-Wheel, 1874
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.