Windmill Hill, no. 2
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, moderately textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 12 5/8 inches (20.6 x 32 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (15 x 22.4 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (15 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "3206" (encircled); inscribed in graphite, lower left: "C 3307"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[?man]."
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden | 1877"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | drain | foliage | grass | gully | hill | landscape | reeds | roof | slope | trees
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Europe | Swanage | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Windmill Hill, no. 2, 1877
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.