- Windmill Hill, no. 2
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 7 15/16 x 12 13/16 inches (20.1 x 32.5 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (15 x 22.4 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (15 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right, written vertically downwards: "[...] [...]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left below image in Francis Seymour Haden's hand: "D. 147."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Windmill. Hill. no 2"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "[?7 06]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "[...]"
Watermarked, center: design which resembles a bell; marked in black ink, center right, angled vertically downwards: stamp which incorporates foliate forms, fleur-del-lis symbols, and the lettering "GEN. | DE | CAEN | TaCIS SOLS"; watermarked, lower left: "AH[heart shape]A"
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden | 1877"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour - Haden"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | drain | foliage | grass | gully | hill | landscape | reeds | roof | slope | trees
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Europe | Swanage | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Windmill Hill, no. 2, 1877
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.