Nine Barrow Down
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 7 3/4 x 10 3/8in. (19.7 x 26.4cm), 5 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (15 x 22.4 cm), and 5 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (15 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "- Nine Barrow Down. -"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "EW"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "a46526"
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1877."
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cottages | distance | gorge | gully | hills | landscape | moor | river | rocks (landforms) | slope | trees | valley
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Nine Barrow Down, 1877
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.