- Wareham Bridge
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, smooth, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 10 3/16 inches (18.1 x 25.8 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 3/4 inches (15 x 22.3 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 8 3/4 inches (15 x 22.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "20/0"
Watermarked, lower right: "O.W."
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1877"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | arches | architectural subject | banks | bridge (built work) | buildings | chimneys | cityscape | cottages | figures | flood | fording | hat | hills | horses (animals) | houses | men | reeds | riders, horseback | river | roofs | shores | village
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wareham
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Wareham Bridge, 1877
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.