The Little Boat House
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 7 13/16 x 10 7/8 inches (19.8 x 27.7 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (15 x 22.6 cm), Image: 5 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (15 x 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "Little Boat House | early 1st state"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "SX/SX/-"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | cottage | dinghies | figure | foliage | house | landscape | pole | pond | pool | punts | reeds | roof | shed | trees | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Little Boat House, 1877
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.