IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, A Salmon River, no. 2, 1884
A Salmon River, no. 2
- Additional Title(s):
A Salmon River, I
- Etching and mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 11/16 x 11 1/8 inches (19.5 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 4 5/8 x 6 1/4 inches (11.7 x 15.9 cm), Image: 4 1/4 x 6 1/8 inches (10.8 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "8"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "H[?Y]."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "a49449"
Lettered lower left below image within plate marks: "Seymour Haden"
Signed below image in graphite, lower right: "Seymour - Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stanley J. Halle, Yale BA 1912, in memory of His Parents Jacques S. and Hattie S. Halle, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | clouds | dark | dusk | evening | flow | foliage | hills | landscape | meteorology | mist | mountains | night | plants | rapids | river | rocks (landforms) | science | sky | sporting art | waves (natural events) | weather
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.