- A Salmon River, no. 2
- Etching and mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 11/16 x 11 1/8 inches (19.5 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 4 5/8 x 6 1/4 inches (11.7 x 15.9 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 x 6 1/8 inches (10.8 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "8"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "H[?Y]."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "a49449"
Lettered lower left below image within plate marks: "Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image within plate marks: "Seymour - Haden"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stanley J. Halle, Yale BA 1912, in memory of His Parents Jacques S. and Hattie S. Halle, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | clouds | dark | dusk | evening | flow | foliage | hills | landscape | meteorology | mist | mountains | night | plants | rapids | river | rocks (landforms) | science | sky | sporting art | waves (natural events) | weather
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, A Salmon River, no. 2, 1884
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.