An Early Riser
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 x 13 3/4 inches (26.5 x 35 cm), Plate: 8 13/16 x 11 9/16 inches (22.4 x 29.4 cm), Image: 8 9/16 x 11 3/8 inches (21.7 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "H.C.M."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "H.C.M."; inscribed in graphite, upper left on back: "25"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "a 37462"
Watermarked, lower left to lower right: "M B M | M B M"
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right below plate marks: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | antlers | bank | cascade | clouds | dawn | deer | fog | landscape | light | mist | moon | morning | river | rocks (landforms) | science | sky | stag | stream | sun | water | waterfall | weather
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.