Val Sainte Veronique and Ancient Chestnuts
- Part Of:
- ca. 1874
- Etching and drypoint (two images) on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 x 9 15/16 inches (36.2 x 25.3 cm), Plate: 3 15/16 x 5 7/8 inches (10 x 14.9 cm), Image: 3 x 4 1/2 inches (7.6 x 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "ETCHED BY P. G. HAMERTON VAL STE VERONIQUE + ANCIENT CHESTNUTS"; in graphite, on back, center: "252 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, within upper image, lower left: "P. G. Hamilton"; within lower image, lower right: "P. G. Hamilton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | church | genre subject | grazing | hut | illustration | landscape | livestock | men | path | pigs | rural | steeple | thatched roof | trees | walking
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Gilbert Hamerton, 1834–1894, British, Val Sainte Veronique and Ancient Chestnuts, ca. 1874
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.