The End of the Day
- between 1911 and 1912
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 x 9 13/16 inches (20.5 x 25 cm), Plate: 4 15/16 x 6 15/16 inches (12.5 x 17.7 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 6 15/16 inches (12.5 x 17.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The end of the day."; lower right: "s (circled) 402"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "W | LH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et delint"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dusk | evening | fields | hills | landscape | plains | sun | sunset | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, The End of the Day, between 1911 and 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.