- The Hilltop
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 14 5/16 inches (29.6 x 36.3 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 12 3/8 inches (25.3 x 31.4 cm), and Image: 9 15/16 x 12 3/8 inches (25.3 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Hilltop - Wm Lee-Hankey 35 proofs"; lower right: "150-"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et delint"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bags | evening | fall | genre subject | hill | hut | labor | leaning | leaves | men | resting | scythes | skirts | tree | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, The Hilltop, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.