- On the Sussex Downs
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 14 3/16 inches (26.3 x 36.1 cm), Plate: 7 7/16 x 9 1/2 inches (18.9 x 24.2 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 x 9 1/2 inches (18.8 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "On the Sussex Downs"; on back, center left: "5616-1"; lower left: "10128 24.00"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "W | LH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et delint"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | hill | landscape | plains | trees | valley | village | walking | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, On the Sussex Downs, 1916
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.