On the Sussex Downs
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 14 3/16 inches (26.3 x 36.1 cm), Plate: 7 7/16 x 9 1/2 inches (18.9 x 24.2 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 x 9 1/2 inches (18.8 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "On the Sussex Downs"; on back, center left: "5616-1"; lower left: "10128 24.00"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "W | LH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et delint"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | hill | landscape | plains | trees | valley | village | walking | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Sussex | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, On the Sussex Downs, 1916
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.