IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, On the Sussex Downs, 1916
On the Sussex Downs
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 14 3/16 inches (26.3 x 36.1 cm), Plate: 7 7/16 x 9 1/2 inches (18.9 x 24.2 cm), Image: 7 3/8 x 9 1/2 inches (18.8 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "On the Sussex Downs"; on back, center left: "5616-1"; lower left: "10128 24.00"
Artist's stamp: William Lee Hankey (Lugt 2637a)
Artist's monogram lettered inside image: "WLH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et delint"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | hill | landscape | plains | trees | valley | village | walking | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.