The Sleeping Child
- Etching and drypoint on thick, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 10 1/4 inches (28 x 26 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 8 inches (20.1 x 20.3 cm), Image: 7 15/16 x 8 inches (20.1 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Edition 100 proofs"; lower center: "Sleeping Child Hardie #152"; lower right: "RBN"; on back, lower left: "14315"
Artist's stamp: William Lee Hankey (Lugt 2637a); marked in black ink, lower left, stamp: "2248" (crossed out in graphite); marked in blue ink, lower center, stamp: "1955"
Artist's monogram lettered inside image: "WLH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et delint"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blouse | buildings | child | crucifix | daughter | embracing | family | genre subject | mother | pinafore dress | resting | sleeping | socks | stripes | village | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.