The Sleeping Child
- Drypoint prints and etching on thick, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 10 1/4 inches (28 x 26 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 8 inches (20.1 x 20.3 cm), and Image: 7 15/16 x 8 inches (20.1 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Edition 100 proofs"; lower center: "Sleeping Child Hardie #152"; lower right: "RBN"; on back, lower left: "14315"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"; marked in black ink, lower left, stamp: "2248 (crossed out in graphite)"; marked in blue ink, lower center, stamp: "1955"
Lettered. lower left inside image: "W | LH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et delint"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blouse | buildings | child | crucifix | daughter | embracing | family | genre subject | mother | pinafore dress | resting | sleeping | socks | stripes | village | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.