The Trinket Box
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 9 1/2 inches (17.8 x 24.1 cm), Plate: 4 3/4 x 6 7/16 inches (12 x 16.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/4 x 6 7/16 inches (12 x 16.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Trinket Box"; lower right: "60.-"; on back, lower left: "10153 60.00"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | box (container) | cap | genre subject | girl | keepsakes (souvenirs) | memory | shadows | stripes | thoughtful | throws (trinkets) | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.