- Additional Title(s):
- between 1917 and 1918
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, smooth, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 15 13/16 x 11 7/8 inches (40.2 x 30.2 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches (24.7 x 19.7 cm), Image: 9 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches (24.7 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "(Madelon) (underlined) 1917-1918. France. | Madeleine"; on back, lower left: "17813"
Artist's stamp: William Lee Hankey (Lugt 2637a); on back, marked in purple ink, lower left: "MADE IN ENGLAND"
Artist's monogram lettered inside image: "WLH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | curls | flower (plant) | hat | patterns | portrait | robe | solemn | thoughtful | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, Madeleine, between 1917 and 1918
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.