Marshes opposite Erith
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 19 7/16 inches (30.7 x 49.4 cm), Plate: 9 7/16 x 14 15/16 inches (23.9 x 38 cm), and Image: 9 7/16 x 14 15/16 inches (23.9 x 38 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center on back: "No.3 Erith Marshes"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "51.16.36"
Watermarked upper left to lower left, written vertically downwards: "WHATMAN | 1871"; stamped in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower left within image: "S Haden. Marshes opposite Erith. 1865"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bank | boats | clouds | landscape | marine art | marshes | masts | path | river | sailing | sails | sky | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Erith | Essex | Europe | Greater London | Purfleet | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Marshes opposite Erith, 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.