IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Breaking Up of the Agamemnon, no. 1, 1870
The Breaking Up of the Agamemnon, no. 1
- Former Title(s):
Breaking up of the Agammemnon [sic]
- Additional Title(s):
The Breaking Up of the "Agamemnon"
Breaking up of Agamemnon
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 18 3/4 inches (27.6 x 47.6 cm), Plate: 7 11/16 x 16 1/8 inches (19.5 x 41 cm), Image: 7 11/16 x 16 1/8 inches (19.5 x 41 cm)
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1870"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | cargo vessels | cityscape | clouds | containers | domes | dreadnought | estuary | flag | harbour | hospital | marine art | masts | moon | mooring | navy | posts | rigging | river | ropes | sails | sea | ships | warships | water | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Deptford | England | Europe | Greater London | Greenwich | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.