The Breaking Up of the Agamemnon, no. 1
- Former Title(s):
Breaking up of the Agammemnon [sic]
- Additional Title(s):
The Breaking Up of the "Agamemnon"
Breaking up of Agamemnon
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 18 3/4 inches (27.6 x 47.6 cm), Plate: 7 11/16 x 16 1/8 inches (19.5 x 41 cm), and Image: 7 11/16 x 16 1/8 inches (19.5 x 41 cm)
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1870"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | cargo vessels | cityscape | clouds | containers | domes | dreadnought | estuary | flag | harbour | hospital | marine art | masts | moon | mooring | navy | posts | rigging | river | ropes | sails | sea | ships | warships | water | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Deptford | England | Europe | Greater London | Greenwich | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Breaking Up of the Agamemnon, no. 1, 1870
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.