Shere Mill Pond, no. 2 (large plate)
- Former Title(s):
Shere Mill Pond
- Additional Title(s):
L'Étang au Canard
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream antique laid paper
- 12 1/2 x 18 3/8 inches (31.7 x 46.7 cm), 6 15/16 x 13 inches (17.6 x 33 cm), and 6 15/16 x 13 inches (17.6 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: oval (drawn over several times); inscribed in graphite, lower center: "16 1/8 x [?10pp] | Seymour Haden - , Shere Mill pond. Autograph proof."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "a 1799"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "<[?2052]>"
Lettered lower right within image: "Seymour Haden . 1860"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | barns | bird | buildings | chimney | houses | landscape | mill | plants | pond | reeds | reflections | sky | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Shere | Surrey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Shere Mill Pond, no. 2 (large plate), 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.