The Summer Moon
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/16 x 12 13/16 inches (38.9 x 32.5 cm), Plate: 11 13/16 x 9 15/16 inches (30 x 25.2 cm), and Image: 11 13/16 x 9 15/16 inches (30 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "SUMMER MOON HANKEY"; lower right: "A x 1089"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "(inside sketched square) W | LH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey (underlined)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets | children | embracing | evening | genre subject | holding | houses | lake | landscape | moon | mother | night | reflection | shore (landform) | sleepwear | summer | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.