British General Headquarters at Montreuil
- Etching and drypoint on thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 17 7/16 inches (34.3 x 44.3 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 x 11 5/8 inches (23.5 x 29.6 cm), Image: 9 1/4 x 11 5/8 inches (23.5 x 29.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "General Headquarters - Montreuil-1917"; on back, upper right: "7 (circled)"; center: "244-1 (crossed out) | 6887"
Artist's monogram lettered inside image: "WLH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | armed forces | army | building | clouds | dark | fall | field | gray (color) | headquarters, corporate | lake | landscape | path | river | tower (building division) | trees | winter | World War, 1914-1918
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Montreuil | Nord-Pas-de-Calais | Pas-de-Calais
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, British General Headquarters at Montreuil, 1917
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.