British General Headquarters at Montreuil
- Etching and drypoint prints on thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 17 7/16 inches (34.3 x 44.3 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 x 11 5/8 inches (23.5 x 29.6 cm), and Image: 9 1/4 x 11 5/8 inches (23.5 x 29.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "General Headquarters - Montreuil-1917"; on back, upper right: "7 (circled)"; center: "244-1 (crossed out) | 6887"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "W | LH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | army | building | clouds | fall | gray (color) | headquarters, corporate | lake | landscape | path | river | tower (building division) | trees | winter | World War, 1914-1918
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Montreuil | Nord-Pas-de-Calais | Pas-de-Calais
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, British General Headquarters at Montreuil, 1917
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.