Landscape with a Seated Shepherd
- Additional Title(s):
Study of Trees and Shrubs with Seated Figure
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, moderately textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 8 3/4 inches (31 x 22.2 cm), Image: 12 3/16 x 8 3/4 inches (31 x 22.2 cm)
Lettered, lower right inside image: "W.m Havell. 1804."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | bushes | forest | genre subject | hill | landscape | man | peasant | plants | resting | rocks (landforms) | shepherd | shepherd's crook | sitting | trees | tunic | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Havell, 1782–1857, British, active in India (1820–26), Landscape with a Seated Shepherd, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.