Landscape with a Seated Shepherd
- Additional Title(s):
Study of Trees and Shrubs with Seated Figure
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, moderately textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 8 3/4 inches (31 x 22.2 cm) and Image: 12 3/16 x 8 3/4 inches (31 x 22.2 cm)
Lettered, lower right inside image: "W.m Havell. 1804."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | bushes | forest | genre subject | hill | landscape | man | peasant | plants | resting | rocks (landforms) | shepherd | shepherd's crook | sitting | trees | tunic | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Havell, 1782–1857, British, active in India (1820–26), Landscape with a Seated Shepherd, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.