Benjamin West, Esq., President of the Royal Academy of London
- Etching, stipple engraving and line engraving on thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 14 1/2 x 10 3/8 inches (36.8 x 26.4 cm) and Image: 8 11/16 x 6 inches (22 x 15.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "W. J. Newton pinx,,t"; lower center: "BENJAMIN WEST, ESQ.R | PRESIDENT | OF THE | ROYAL ACADEMY OF LONDON: | Dedicated to the Directors of the British Institution, | by their ob,,t Serv,,t | William Johnstone White | Published Jany 1st 1818, by W. J. White, 14 Brownlow Street, Holborn, London.'; lower right: C. Heath Sct"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of James B. Richardson, Jr., B.A. 1957
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | book | cravat | drapery | gaze | glasses, eye | history painter | man | old | painter | portrait | president | robe | solemn
- Associated People:
- West, Benjamin (1738–1820), American history painter active in Britain
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Heath, 1785–1848, British, Benjamin West, Esq., President of the Royal Academy of London, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.