IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Postle Heseltine, 1843–1929, British, Le Pont de Waterloo a Londres, 1897
Le Pont de Waterloo a Londres
- Additional Title(s):
Waterloo Bridge, London
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 10 11/16 inches (17.4 x 27.2 cm), Plate: 4 7/8 x 8 15/16 inches (12.3 x 22.7 cm), Image: 3 7/16 x 6 1/16 inches (8.7 x 15.4 cm)
Lettered, lower left inside image: "J. P. Heseltine"; lower center inside image: "Jany ~ 1897 ~ London"; lower left below image: "J. P. Heseltine delt et sc. | Gazette des Beaux Arts"; lower center below image: "LE PONT DE WATERLOO A LONDRES"; lower right below image: "Imp. Georges Petit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barges | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | city | cityscape | clouds | river | sailing | shipping | towers (building divisions)
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | London | Thames | United Kingdom | Waterloo Bridge
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.