Where the Bea Sucks. The Tempest, Act 3, Scene 1. Fairy in Hammock of Convolvulus.
- Additional Title(s):
Where the Bee Sucks: Ariel, The Tempest, Act V, Scene I
- intaglio print on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 x 5 5/8 inches (10.2 x 14.3 cm), Plate: 3 7/8 x 5 3/8 inches (9.8 x 13.7 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 x 5 inches (8.9 x 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "H"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "g"; lower right: "1" [encircled]
lower center: "W. J. TOWNSEND."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branch | fairy | flowers (plants) | leaves | literary theme | moon | nude | play | sleeping | spirit | The Tempest, play by William Shakespeare | vine | wings
- Associated People:
- Ariel (character in The Tempest)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry J. Townsend, 1810–1890, British, Where the Bea Sucks. The Tempest, Act 3, Scene 1. Fairy in Hammock of Convolvulus, 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.