- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, sslightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 10 1/2 inches (17.8 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (10.8 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R. 1"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "A reprint from 'The Copper Plate Magazine 1794 | This was the earliest engraving from Turner | originally published May 1st 1794"
Lettered lower center: "Engraved by J. Walker, from a Drawing by W. Turner. | Rochester."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | anchor | arch | boat | bridge | cane | castle | cathedral | church | city | clouds | distant view | field | hill | keep | landscape | man | marine art | Norman | river | spire | stone | tower | tree | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | River Medway | Rochester | Rochester Castle | Rochester Cathedral | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.