IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James S. Storer, 1771–1853, British, Chepstow, 1794
- Part Of:
Collective Title: 'The Copper-Plate Magazine' and 'The Itinerant,' 1794-1798
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 inches (22.5 × 27.9 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm), Image: 4 3/8 × 6 3/8 inches (11.1 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.2"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "'First-issued in The Copper Plate-Magazine'"
Lettered upper left: "The Itinerant."; lettered, lower left: "Engraved by Storer from an Original Drawing by W:Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Publish'd Novr.1st; 1794 by J. Walker No.16, Rosomans Street, London."; lettered, lower center: "CHEPstow."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | cart | castle | chimney | city | cliff | clouds | distant view | hill | horse | landscape | man | river | riverbank | rock | rowboat | ruins | sailboat | smoke | wagon | water
- Associated Places:
- Chepstow | Chepstow Bridge | Chepstow Castle | Monmouthshire | United Kingdom | Wales | Wye
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.