- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 inches (22.5 × 27.9 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 3/8 inches (11.1 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphit, lower center: " 'First-issued in The Copper Plate-Magazine' "
Lettered lower center: "Engraved by Storer from an Original Drawing by W. Turner | Publish'd Nov. 1st 1794 by J. Walkder No. 16 Rosomans Street, London. | CHEPSTOW."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | cart | castle | chimney | city | cliff | clouds | distant view | hill | horse | landscape | man | river | riverbank | rock | rowboat | ruins | sailboat | smoke | wagon | water
- Associated Places:
- Chepstow | Chepstow Bridge | Chepstow Castle | Monmouthshire | United Kingdom | Wales | Wye
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James S. Storer, 1771–1853, British, Chepstow, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.