- Hampton Court, Herefordshire
- Etching with line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (21.6 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 6 × 7 7/8 inches (15.2 × 20 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 × 6 5/8 inches (10.8 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite, lower center: "originally issued in "The Copper Plate Magazine". "
Watermark, lower right: "1811"
Lettered above image: "The Itinerant"; lettered below image: "Engraved by J. Walker from an Original Drawing by W. Turner. | HAMPTON-COURT, Herefordshire. | Published Sept.'r 1st, 1797 by J. Walker No. 16 Rosomans Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battlement | castle | clouds | cow | fishing | fishing rod | flock | herd | hill | landscape | man | river | riverbank | sheep | tree | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampton Court | Hereford and Worcester | Herefordshire | Leominster | Lugg | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Walker, 1748–1808, British, Hampton Court, Herefordshire, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.