- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (20.6 × 26.4 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/8 inches (15.2 × 20.6 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (10.8 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso, lower center: "Cooper Plate Magazine 1798 | (Bloomsbury bt Aug 48)"
Lettered, upper right: "Vol:IV.Pl:153."; lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J.Walker from an Original drawing by W.Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Publish'd June 1;1798 by J.Walker No.16, Rosomans Street, London."; lettered, lower center: "WAKEFIELD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | bridge | cathedral | church | cityscape | distant view | fishing | fishing rod | hill | man | path | river | riverbank | sailboat | spire | steeple | town | tree
- Associated Places:
- Calder | England | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Wakefield | Wakefield Cathedral | West Yorkshire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.