IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, View of Exeter College, All Saints Church, etc. from the Turl, 1806
View of Exeter College, All Saints Church, etc. from the Turl
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 18 inches (33.7 × 45.7 cm), Image: 12 3/4 × 17 3/4 inches (32.4 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R. 43"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "View of Exeter College, all Saints Church etc. from the Turl | Oxford Almanac for 1806"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A. del."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by James Basire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- builder | church | city | cityscape | college | Gothic | horse | horseback riding | kneeling | laborer | man | Medieval | pickaxe | spire | street | university
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.