Interior of Hall of Christ Church
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 18 1/8 inches (34 × 46 cm), Image: 12 7/8 × 17 5/8 inches (32.7 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 44 Inside View of the Hall of Christ Church Oxford"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Inside View of the Hall of Christ Church Oxford | Oxford Almanac 1807"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A., del."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by James Basire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | bench | chair | coffered ceiling | coffering | college | curtain | dining hall | drapery | escutcheon (coat of arms) | fan vault | fireplace | flying buttress | hall | hammer beam | lancet window | lectern | light | man | painting | pedestal | pendant (architectural ornament) | picture frame | stained glass | statue | steps | table | tablecloth | tile | university | window
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church College | England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, Interior of Hall of Christ Church, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.