- Hampton Court, Herefordshire
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 8 3/8 inches (12.7 × 21.3 cm) and Image: 4 × 6 inches (10.2 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R63"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "From an early drawing of J. M. W. Turner | pub 1801"; lower center: " 'Beauties of England & Wales' "; lower right: "(Braun May 43)"
Lettered lower left: "Engraved by J. Stover from a drawing by W. Turner"; lower center: "Hampton Court, | Herefordfhire. | London, Published by Vernor & Hood, Poultry, June 1. 1801."; lower right: "for the Beauties of England & Wales."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James S. Storer, 1771–1853, British, Hampton Court, Herefordshire, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.