Sir Anthony Van Dyck
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 13 13/16 x 9 7/8 inches (35.1 x 25.1 cm) and Image: 12 1/16 x 9 7/8 inches (30.6 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "10/"
Lettered, lower left: "P.P. Rubens Pinx."; lower center: "Sir Anthony Van Dyke. | London Publish'd July 1st, 1780 by Watson & Dickinson No 158 New Bond Street"; lower right: "W,, Dickinson Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cloak | collar | lace | painter | portrait | profile | ruff
- Associated People:
- Dyck, Sir Anthony Van (1599–1641), painter and etcher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Sir Anthony Van Dyck, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.