Anthony van Dyck, Eques Pictor
- Additional Title(s):
Ant. Van-Dyck Eques Pictor
Ant. Van Dyck Eques Pictor
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 11 1/2 × 9 inches (29.2 × 22.9 cm) and 11 × 8 7/8 inches (27.9 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: p. | a/-/- | no.11 | no 7 A. B | chef - | c/cx/- | [...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Film. | 1417"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "4/17/6"
Lettered, lower left: "Ant. Van-dyck Pinx."; lettered, lower center: "ANT. VAN-DYCK EQUES PICTOR. | A Paris Chez Vander Bruggen, vue St. Jaques, a la Vielle poste"; lettered, lower right: "Joan. Vander Bruggen fecit | 1682"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bow (costume accessory) | cloak | cloth | column (architectural element) | costume | curls | man | pillar | portrait | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Dyck, Sir Anthony Van (1599–1641), painter and etcher
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jan van der Bruggen, 1649–1714, Dutch, Anthony van Dyck, Eques Pictor, 1682
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.