Sir Anthony van Dyck
- Line engraving, stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 1/16 × 9 1/8 inches (33.1 × 23.1 cm), Plate: 10 7/16 × 7 15/16 inches (26.5 × 20.1 cm), Chine collé: 10 1/4 × 7 3/4 inches (26 × 19.7 cm), and Image: 5 3/8 × 3 3/16 inches (13.7 × 8.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "2/ | 25a"
Watermark: J Whatman | Turkey Mill
Lettered, lower left: "Ipse pinxt."; letterd, lower center: "SIR ANTHONY VANDYCK. | Published for the Proprietor, according to Act of Parliament, Jany. 1, 1825. | by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown; & Lackington, Allen, & Co. | London."; lettered, lower right: "Corner Inct."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cape (outerwear) | chain | collar | costume | feather | horse (animal) | lace | men | mustache | portrait | staffs (walking sticks) | trees
- Associated People:
- Dyck, Sir Anthony Van (1599–1641), painter and etcher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.