Sir Anthony van Dyck
- Line engraving, stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 1/16 × 9 1/8 inches (33.1 × 23.1 cm), Plate: 10 7/16 × 7 15/16 inches (26.5 × 20.1 cm), Chine collé: 10 1/4 × 7 3/4 inches (26 × 19.7 cm), Image: 5 3/8 × 3 3/16 inches (13.7 × 8.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "2/ | 25a"
Watermark: J Whatman | Turkey Mill
Lettered, lower left: "Ipse pinxt."; letterd, lower center: "SIR ANTHONY VANDYCK. | Published for the Proprietor, according to Act of Parliament, Jany. 1, 1825. | by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown; & Lackington, Allen, & Co. | London."; lettered, lower right: "Corner Inct."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cape (outerwear) | chain | collar | costume | feather | horse (animal) | lace | men | mustache | portrait | staffs (walking sticks) | trees
- Associated People:
- Dyck, Sir Anthony Van (1599–1641), painter and etcher
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.