George Vertue, Engraver
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 9 3/16 inches (30.3 x 23.3 cm), Plate: 6 13/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17.3 x 13.2 cm), and Image (oval): 5 1/8 x 4 7/16 inches (13 x 11.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Richardson pinx"; lower center: "GEORGE VERTUE, Engraver, | AEtat.L.Ann. MDCCXXXVIII."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cap | cravat | engraver (printmaker) | gaze | man | oval | portrait | posing | robes
- Associated People:
- Vertue, George (1684–1756), engraver and antiquary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, George Vertue, Engraver, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.