George Vertue, Engraver
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 9 3/16 inches (30.3 x 23.3 cm), Plate: 6 13/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17.3 x 13.2 cm), Image: 5 1/8 x 4 7/16 inches (13 x 11.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Richardson pinx"; lower center: "GEORGE VERTUE, Engraver, | AEtat.L.Ann. MDCCXXXVIII."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cap | cravat | engraver (printmaker) | gaze | man | oval | portrait | posing | robes
- Associated People:
- Vertue, George (1684–1756), engraver and antiquary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, George Vertue, Engraver, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.