George Vertue, Engraver
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/16 x 7 11/16 inches (28.1 x 19.5 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 x 5 15/16 inches (24.2 x 15.1 cm), and Image: 5 7/16 x 4 11/16 inches (13.8 x 11.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "IR74/2421 | 7/6"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Js. Basire sculp. | GEORGE VERTUE, ENGRAVER. | Born in 1684; died in 1756. | From an Original Drawing by Richardson, | in the Posession of Wm,, Stevenson Esqre,, F. S. A. | Published by J. Nichols & Son, Jany: 1st, 1812."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | engraver (printmaker) | man | oval | portrait | profile (figure) | Society of Antiquaries of London
- Associated People:
- Vertue, George (1684–1756), engraver and antiquary
Stevenson, Seth William (1784–1853), antiquary
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, George Vertue, Engraver, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.