- Materials & Techniques:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 16 15/16 x 12 11/16 inches (43.1 x 32.2 cm), Sheet: 10 1/2 x 6 7/16 inches (26.6 x 16.4 cm), Image: 9 3/16 x 5 11/16 inches (23.3 x 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "[...]"; on back, center: "1+ (underlined) | D | 232 or (crossed out) 252 (underlined) | 2 | B 1684 | D 1756 | [...]"; lower left: "113 (circled)"; lower right: "4/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower center inside image: "G Vertue | London"; lower left under image: "M. Gauchi Lithog."; lower center under image: "FacSimile of a Drawing in the Possession of the Publisher. | London Pub.d by A. Molteno 20 Pall Mall Dec. 1821."; lower right under image: "Printed by C. Hullmandel."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antiquary | artist | busts | cravat | desk | drapery | engraver (printmaker) | gaze | nobility | paintbrushes | painter | paintings | palette | portrait | posing | ruffs | scrolls | sitting | statue | wig
- Associated People:
- Vertue, George (1684–1756), engraver and antiquary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.