- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 16 15/16 x 12 11/16 inches (43.1 x 32.2 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 10 1/2 x 6 7/16 inches (26.6 x 16.4 cm), and Image: 9 3/16 x 5 11/16 inches (23.3 x 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "[...]"; on back, center: "1+ (underlined) | D | 232 or (crossed out) 252 (underlined) | 2 | B 1684 | D 1756 | [...]"; lower left: "113 (circled)"; lower right: "4/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower center inside image: "G Vertue | London"; lower left under image: "M. Gauchi Lithog."; lower center under image: "FacSimile of a Drawing in the Possession of the Publisher. | London Pub.d by A. Molteno 20 Pall Mall Dec. 1821."; lower right under image: "Printed by C. Hullmandel."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antiquary | artist | busts | cravat | desk | drapery | engraver (printmaker) | gaze | nobility | paintbrushes | painter | paintings | palette | portrait | posing | ruffs | scrolls | sitting | statue | wig
- Associated People:
- Vertue, George (1684–1756), engraver and antiquary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.