Francis Wheatley, R.A.
- between 1802 and 1814
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 15/16 x 11 5/16 inches (45.5 x 28.8 cm), Plate: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.5 x 20.2 cm), and Image: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.5 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "113 (circled) | William DANIELL (aft. George Dance)"; lower center: "Francis Wheatley"; lower right: "8/ (crossed out) | 6/ | 25a"
Lettered, lower center: "Francis Wheatly, R.A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | man | painter | portrait | posing | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Wheatley, Francis (1747–1801), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Julia Marciari-Alexander, This other Eden, paintings from the Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1998, p. 212, ND1314.3 Y36 1998 (YCBA)